Certain indoor plants can absorb gases and help achieve better indoor air quality
Several people keep certain houseplants not just for their aesthetic quality of adding color to their indoor environment, but they are also known to be positive as per feng shui, help clean the air and improve the indoor air quality that boosts healing, helps deter illness, and assist in breathing better. A few indoor plants contain specific organic chemicals that can effectively clean the air in your indoor home environment. It is something families should consider when setting up their home and moving in, in conjunction with getting their ac cleaning and air duct cleaning.
Plants are able to capture and absorb gases on the surface of their leaves, which enables photosynthesis. However, apart from carbon dioxide, plants are able to absorb other gases, including certain volatile organic compounds (“VOCs”), and aid to improve indoor air quality. Some VOCs that certain indoor plants can help eliminate include Benzene (found in tobacco smoke, pesticides, plastic, some fabrics), formaldehyde (found in detergents, cleaning agents, fabric softeners) amongst others. Some of these plants include the following:
- Fikus: This plant doesn’t need a lot of light and can be easily maintained. It is quite effective in purifying the air of formaldehyde. However, it should be avoided in homes with pets or small children as its leaves may be poisonous. Homes with young kids and home pets can opt for deep AC cleaning and air duct cleaning instead, and can engage professionals such as Moltocare
- Spider Plant: This plant is able to perform photosynthesis under minimal light which is quite remarkable. It is great in absorbing toxins from the air such as carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, gasoline and styrene
- Peace Lilies: This plant removes toxins, formaldehyde, as well as trichloroethylene from the air
Several VOCs and some indoor air pollutants are often linked to respiratory conditions such as asthma and bronchitis, and in severe cases can even lead to chronic issues such as cancer if there are heavy toxins and low immune systems involved. Phytoremediation, is the process of the plants removing these toxic compounds from the air to mitigate pollution. Households should have these indoor plants to help clean the indoor air as the microorganisms residing in the soil of potted plants are also key in neutralizing VOCs and other indoor air pollutants. However, indoor house plants can’t be relied on as the only solution to achieve optimum indoor air quality. Homeowners/Tenants need to consider deep ac cleaning and duct cleaning to ensure they have covered all bases to eliminate the adverse effects of indoor air pollutants.
A more effective way to improve your indoor air quality is to engage professionals to conduct deep AC cleaning and air duct cleaning that cleans your AC systems and ducts of dust, dirt, debris and any mold build up and improves your health in a more measurable way. Benefits from thorough AC cleaning and duct cleaning are varied, including some of the following:
- Improve the overall health and well-being of you and your family
- Help reduce allergy and asthma triggers
- Helps avoid conditions such as Asthma, Bronchitis, Conjunctivitis, Sinusitis & Eczema
- Extend the life and improve the efficiency of your AC system
- Improve the indoor air quality of your home and work environment with purer, cleaner air to breathe
- Lower utility costs by improving airflow
Moltocare specializes in Deep AC Cleaning, Duct Cleaning and AC Disinfection that helps improves the indoor air quality. They are highly experienced and thorough professionals and offer a free inspection to come assess the present condition of your AC System. Call 800 MOLTO (66586) or 04 8810811 or email us at email@example.com to book your free inspection today!